This workshop is tailored for newcomers in Canada venturing into entrepreneurship. We'll provide insights into the Canadian business landscape, go through the steps from idea to launch, and the art of networking to build a stronger business. Additionally, we'll share a wealth of resources to empower attendees on their entrepreneurial journey.
If you have had success in business as a newcomer, we would love for you to consider joining us to share your insights and to network with like minded entrepreneurs.
- The Canadian entrepreneurship landscape (general statistics and information about the role of immigrants in the Canadian business landscape).
- The entrepreneurship journey for newcomers in Canada (understanding the different levels of government and various players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem).
- The steps to start a business: From idea to launching
- Networking in Canada
- CCIS Entrepreneurship Training Program - "Build Your Business" & Success Stories
- Other programs and resources available for newcomer entrepreneurs
9:00AM - 10:00AM
- Bibiana Cala, Coordinator of the Newcomer Entrepreneurship Training Program
10:00AM - 10:30AM